Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So the question is; if an elk craps in the woods and no one is there to smell the stink is the stink still there? First of all serious questions is what we are after, but we are tying to get this thing rolling so we will create our first theory. If you run your credit card through a credit card machine at Cabelas will it show up on your statement at the end of the month. yes for every action there is an opposite or equal reaction. When an elk craps, the methane gasses are expelled from the anal cavity whether he is on Mt. Nebo or the Pavhant. that natures way. Yes, it stinks whether you are there or not my theory is crap stinks and that steam rising off of crap as it hits the ground, its crap to and yes it does stink. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. I thank Dr. Lance Greer of ST George for that question.
On a more serious note I have a new theory that I want to through out there. It has to do with horses and life. Last Saturday my wife got bucked of a horse and broke her pelvis in two places. Not to mention she sustained some nasty nasty bruises. If that were you should you stop doing something you love because of the possibility of hurting or even killing ones self. We all know life is short and no one knows when it will end. we also know that if we stayed in bed all day because we were afraid, we would never fulfill our earthly existence. this means my theory is life should never be lived in fear of what might happen but lived every day, no matter what the circumstance might be, like we dream it should be. Now that doesn't mean we go about life screaming down the road at 100 miles an hour with a beer in our hand, no seat belt, in the dark with no head lights on a curving canyon road. the key is to be wise and careful taking as much risk out of doing what you love as you possibly can, and then do it, live it, and love it while you are doing it. Lisa's accident was a fluke deal, but as I have looked back on it, we did not take the risk out of what my wife loved to do. She will ride again, I'm sure of that and when she does we have some big decisions to make. remember don't live in fear of what might happen in life, but take as much risk out of it as you can and run with it, live it, love it, and don't be afraid of it. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.


















2 comments:

Jense Family said...

I totally agree with you. You can't live your life in fear. Car accidents are one of the most common killers, but you don't see people walking, or riding their bikes. On a warm day they might, but as soon as the cold hits they are back inside the nice warm car. My point is you don't take extremes like not driving when it likely you might get in an accident, but because of something like this a fluke thing they totally avoid things they loved to do and lose a part of themselves. I have a friend here in southern Utah who same thing happened (bucked off, stepped on - Broke back)and her family told her no more horses. I just don't agree with that. What kind of life is it if we can't do what we love???

elkspotter said...

I love reading this blog. Best thing I have ever found on the internet.